SUSTAINABLE GROUNDWATER MANAGEMENT PRGM NEWS: New climate change resources, Update on alternative plans review, Basin Boundary Modifications deadline reminder, and more …
NEW: Climate Change Data and Guidance Resource Guide Released
The Sustainable Groundwater Management Program (SGMP) released the Climate Change Data and Guidance Resource Guide which gives a high-level overview of climate change resources and includes datasets provided by the Department of Water Resources (DWR), tools for working with the DWR-provided datasets, and guidance for using DWR-provided data and tools when developing groundwater sustainability plans. The datasets and methods can provide technical assistance to groundwater sustainability agencies when developing projected water budgets.
UPDATE: Alternative Plans Review
SGMP staff continues to prioritize review of Alternatives to Groundwater Sustainability Plans and recognizes the importance of this work to the submitting agencies. DWR is targeting the end of the calendar year for release of assessments for each of the submitted Alternative Plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Joyia Emard at email@example.com.
REMINDER: Basin Boundary Modifications Submission Period Ends September 28
The Basin Boundary Modifications submission period ends at11:59 p.m., Friday, September 28, 2018. Additional information is available on the Basin Boundary Modifications webpage. All information to support basin boundary modifications must be submitted via the Basin Boundary Modifications Request System. For more information, contact Dane Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (559) 230-3354.
- Draft 2018 Basin Boundary Modifications: Release expected in November 2018.
- Final 2018 Basin Boundary Modifications: Release expected in February 2019.
VIEW: Basin Prioritization Comments Are Online
Basin prioritization comments submitted and information uploaded in support of comments can be viewed on DWR’s webpage for Draft 2018 Basin Prioritization Public Comments. Please be reminded that until the Basin Prioritization list is finalized, the 2014 CASGEM Basin Prioritization continues to define SGMA priority basins.
- Basins not affected by modification requests: Final 2018 Basin Prioritization release expected in November 2018.
- Basins affected by modification requests:
- Draft 2018 Basin Prioritization release expected in February 2019.
- Draft release will be followed by a 30-day public comment period.
- Final 2018 Basin Prioritization release expected in May 2019.
Connect with Your Basin Point-of-Contact
DWR has designated Basin Points-of-Contact to assist local agencies and groundwater sustainability agencies as groundwater sustainability plans are developed and implemented and to assist with applications for Technical Support Services and Facilitation Support Services. To determine your Basin Point-of-Contact, please see the following links that provide maps and contact information:
- Northern Region
- North Central Region
- South Central Region
- Southern Region
- For regional inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
- For general inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.