On February 1st, 2022 Maven’s Notebook, the Groundwater Exchange, and the Local Government Commission hosted a webinar entitled: How do you run a Groundwater Sustainability Agency ?– A Review of Choices made by Critically Overdrafted Subbasins.
Laura Ramos and Sarge Green from Fresno State discussed the key findings and recommendations of the newly released SGMA Governance Strategies Summary Report.
If you missed the webinar, check out the recording (embedded above) to learn about the methodology and resources shared, along with the question and answer session: WEBINAR: How do you run a Groundwater Sustainability Agency ?– A Review of Choices made by Critically Overdrafted Subbasins
As part of the presentation, Fresno State also shared the governance matrix compiled for this report. This is included in Appendix A, and linked here: SGMA report – Appendix A.xlsx
New “Office Hours” series to feature experts to answer your questions
Starting in March, the Groundwater Exchange and the Local Government Commission will host informal “office hours” sessions which will feature experts to answer your questions. On March 1st: Groundwater expert Dr. Thomas Harter, and on March 15th: Outreach, engagement, and facilitation with Lisa Beutler and Stantec facilitators.
Registration links coming soon!
Sign up and stay in the loop …
- To be notified of upcoming webinars, including the upcoming “Office Hours” series, sign up here.
- For a free bi-weekly SGMA implementation newsletter, sign up here.
- To sign up to receive the latest California water news from Maven’s Notebook in your inbox, sign up here.
More information on SGMA …
- To view GSPs submitted, go here: https://sgma.water.ca.gov/portal/gsp/status
- For more SGMA resources, check out groundwaterexchange.org
- For more groundwater events, visit: https://groundwaterexchange.org/calendar/