Several groups file request for 27-day to 61-day extension of deadline
After the Department of Water Resources and Reclamation submitted documents outlining their case for the California Water Fix project on Thursday, several protestants filed requests requesting the deadline for protestants to submit their objections be moved to a later date.
Specifically, AquaAlliance, California Sportfishing Protection Alliance, Environmental Justice Coalition for Water, Environmental Water Caucus, Friends of the River, Planning and Conservation League, Restore the Delta, Sierra Club California, County of San Joaquin, San Joaquin County Flood Control and Water Conservation District and Mokelumne River Water and Power Authority have requested a 27-day extension of time to file and serve any written objections concerning petitioners’ cases in chief. Additionally, the Pacific Coast Federation of Fishermen’s Associations and Institute for Fisheries Resources have requested a 61-day extension.
The State Water Board is currently considering the request and has indicated they will respond to the requests next week.
Read the letters here …
- AquAlliance, Sierra Club, et al Request for Extension
- PCFFA and IFR Request for Extension
- San Joaquin County, Mokelumne River WPA Request for Extension
Coming up next week on Maven’s Notebook …
- More on the new documents & reactions to them: On Monday, statements from the Department of Water Resources and other stakeholders on the documents.
- Panel of lawyers discuss the hearing: On Wednesday, I’ll be posting coverage of a lively panel from the ACWA Conference featuring John Herrick with the South Delta Water Agency and Stephanie Morris with the State Water Contractors discussing the upcoming hearings.
Sign up for daily emails and get all the Notebook’s aggregated and original water news content delivered to your email box by 9AM. Breaking news alerts, too. Sign me up!