From the Delta Stewardship Council:
The following certification of consistency with the Delta Plan for a covered action has been submitted to the Delta Stewardship Council:
- Certification Number: C202110
- Covered Action Title: Lookout Slough Tidal Habitat Restoration and Flood Improvement Project
- Certifying Agency: California Department of Water Resources
- Certification Date: 12/30/2021
Please note, this certification is submitted to address the Council’s findings on Appeal Number C20215-A1 in its Determination dated July 16, 2021, for Certification of Consistency Number C20215.
The certification of consistency and associated documents are available for public viewing on the Council’s online portal, alongside information on the Delta Reform Act and the Delta Plan covered actions process.
NOTES REGARDING APPEALS:
(1) Any person who claims that a covered action is inconsistent with the Delta Plan and, as a result of that inconsistency, that action will have a significant adverse impact on the achievement of one or both of the coequal goals of the Delta Reform Act (Water Code § 85054) or implementation of government-sponsored flood control programs to reduce risks to people and property in the Delta, may file an appeal with regard to the certification of consistency no later than 30 days after the date of submittal of the certification of consistency. As the 30th day falls on a weekend, appeals received by the Council after Monday, January 31, 2022 will be deemed untimely and will not be considered by the Council. Appeals shall be filed in electronic form on the Council’s online portal.
(2) The Council will consider appeals concerning issues remanded to the Department in the Council’s findings for Delta Plan policies G P1(b)(3) (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 23, § 5002(b)(3)) and DP P2 (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 23, § 5011) in the Council’s Determination dated July 16, 2021 on Appeal Number C20215-A1 for Certification of Consistency Number C20215 and concerning changes to the project.
(3) If you anticipate filing an appeal, please review the Council’s Administrative Procedures Governing Appeals document. Do not submit duplicates of documents submitted by the certifying agency.
View the certification here.