NOTICE: Notice of Petition for Temporary Transfer per Yuba County Water Agency Permit 15026

From the State Water Resources Control Board:

On November 10, 2022, Yuba County Water Agency (YWA) filed a petition for temporary change to water right Permit 15026 (Application 5632), pursuant to California Water Code section 1725 et seq.  With the petition, YWA seeks authorization to transfer up to 25,000 acre-feet of water made available under the Yuba Accord to the Contra Costa Water District (CCWD).  The proposed transfer would add points of rediversion at CCWD’s Rock Slough Intake, Old River Intake, and Middle River Intake to Permit 15026.  The proposed temporary change is requested through December 31, 2023.   

A link to the notice for the temporary change listed above will be available on the State Water Board’s website at: Water Transfers Program | California State Water Resources Control Board.  

The 30-day comment period per Water Code section 1726(f) has been reduced to 15 days per the Governor’s Proclamation of a State of Emergency in the Klamath River, Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, and Tulare Lake watershed Counties due to drought (Drought Proclamation) dated May 10, 2021.  This Drought Proclamation will help expedite processing of water transfers.  Comments filed in response to this notice must be received by the Division of Water Rights by 4:30 p.m. on December 2, 2022.  



Print Friendly, PDF & Email