From the San Joaquin River Restoration Program:
The Bureau of Reclamation has issued an updated Restoration Allocation & Default Flow Schedule for the period March 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023.
Using the best available forecasting information for precipitation and runoff above Millerton Lake, the Restoration Allocation covering the period March 1, 2022 through February 28, 2023 is set at 254,413 acre-feet at Gravelly Ford and is a Normal-Dry year type. For comparison, the initial Restoration Allocation issued in January indicated a Normal-Wet year type – more than 60,000 acre-feet larger. The Restoration Allocation will be adjusted by Reclamation throughout the season with the final allocation issued in May.
This allocation is based on a forecasted unimpaired runoff forecast of 1,235,000 acre-feet using the 75% exceedance probability (a 25% chance of being drier than this estimate or a 75% chance of being wetter than this estimate). The California Department of Water Resources Bulletin 120 runoff forecast, the National Weather Service ensemble streamflow prediction forecast, and recent measurements from the Airborne Snow Observatory were used to create this unimpaired runoff prediction.
The Restoration Administrator for the Program will return a recommendation based on this allocation in the coming days which will supplant the current Default Flow Schedule. The Restoration Allocation will be adjusted accordingly as hydrologic conditions change and may be reduced or increased. The Restoration Flow Guidelines provide detailed guidance on the allocation process.
The Updated 2022 Restoration Allocation & Default Flow Schedule can be viewed here: https://www.restoresjr.net/?wpfb_dl=2638
For Information about Restoration Flows, please visit http://www.restoresjr.net/restoration-goal/restoration-flows/.
For the Restoration Administrator recommendations, please visit http://www.restoresjr.net/documentsreports/ra-recommendations/
For additional information about the San Joaquin River Restoration Program, please visit http://www.restoresjr.net or contact Josh Newcom, Public Affairs Specialist, at 916-978-5508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.