The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board and, together with the Regional Water Quality Control Boards, Water Boards) will receive public comments on the draft proposed Resolution Condemning Racism, Xenophobia, and Racial Injustice and Strengthening Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, Inclusion and Anti-Racism (Racial Equity Resolution).
The draft proposed Racial Equity Resolution articulates the State Water Board’s commitment to racial equity, exposits why this work is needed and offers a roadmap for how the State Water Board can
(1) ensure its programs and policies preserve, protect, and restore California’s water resources equitably for people of all races, and
(2) create an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace where all employees feel they belong and their opportunities and professional outcomes are not predicted by their race.
The Public Workshop is scheduled for July 7, 2021 starting at 4:00 p.m. Written Comment Deadline is July 12, 2021 by 12 noon.
- You can access the English Version of the Notice at: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/racial_equity/docs/notice_racialequity.pdf
- Versión en español del Aviso: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/racial_equity/docs/notice_racialequity_span.pdf
- Draft Resolution: https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/racial_equity/docs/070721_9_drftreso.pdf