The California Water Data Consortium, a nonprofit organization that supports data-informed water management decisions in California, is looking for energetic candidates to serve on its inaugural Consortium Steering Committee. This Committee will work closely with the Consortium Board of Directors, staff, various working groups, and the Partner Agency Team to guide the following activities of the Consortium:
- Coordinating with the Consortium Board of Directors to establish and drive organizational goals and performance metrics;
- Communicating priorities and recommendations to the Partner Agency Team;
- Working with staff, working groups, and the Partner Agency Team to develop concrete actions and programs to achieve the Consortium’s objectives;
- Coordinating and directing the activities of a Technical Work Group and a Data Provider/User Work Group;
- Reporting periodically to the Board of Directors and, in collaboration with staff, to manage conflict, exert influence, and provide feedback on programmatic strategies
Anyone can make nominations using the nomination form. Self-nominations are also welcome and can be made by completing the application form. Complete details on the Steering Committee selection process and timeline can be found here.