On December 2nd, State Water Board staff will hold an informal workshop to solicit input from stakeholders regarding the development of implementation guidance for the newly adopted state wetland definition and procedures for discharges of dredged or fill material to Waters of the State, set to take effect on May 28, 2020.
(Please note, space is limited for this meeting. If you plan to attend in person, please inform Ana Maria Saenz (AnaMaria.Saenz@waterboards.ca.gov) no later than November 26, 2019. Otherwise, please use the conference call in number at (888) 808-6929, Code 3167024.)
Staff proposes to cover the following topics in the implementation guidance:
- Application completeness determinations and processing timelines: How can I minimize iterative application submissions and what are application processing timelines?
- Conditional application requirements: When will I know if I am required to submit conditional, or case-by-case, application requirements?
- What is a watershed profile, and when do I need to prepare one?
- What is a watershed plan, and do I need to prepare one?
- What is a project evaluation area and how do I determine that?
- Alternatives analysis:
- Level of effort: If I am required to prepare an alternatives analysis, what is the appropriate level of effort?
- Climate Change Assessment:
- When should I prepare a climate change assessment for my mitigation project?
- What data or sources of information should I consider when preparing a climate change assessment?
A draft version of the implementation guidance is planned to be released for public comment in January or February of 2020, with subsequent public meetings and workshops prior to the new regulations going into effect on May 28, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- More information at the State Water Board website by clicking here.
- Full meeting notice available by clicking here.
Sign up for daily emails and get all the Notebook’s aggregated and original water news content delivered to your email box by 9AM. Breaking news alerts, too. Sign me up!