From the Department of Pesticide Regulation:
The Department of Pesticide Regulation proposes to amend section 6000 of Title 3, California Code of Regulations. This proposed action amends the document, “EH03-05 (Est. 08/03) Ground Water Protection Areas” that identifies ground water protection areas (GWPAs) in California. DPR proposes to add new GWPAs to this document. These GWPAs have been identified based on pesticide detections. This document is incorporated by reference in the definitions “ground water protection area”, “leaching ground water protection areas”, and “runoff ground water protection areas.”
- Notice of Proposed Regulatory Action, PDF (239 kb)
- Notice of Public Hearing and Extension of Comment Period, PDF (142 kb)
- Proposed Text, PDF (15 kb)
- Ground Water Protection Areas 2017 (Rev. 08/17), PDF (608 kb)
- Initial Statement of Reasons, PDF (37 kb)
- Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement (Form 399), PDF (1.4 mb)
At the time of noticing, a public hearing was not scheduled. However, DPR has since received requests for one.
A public hearing will be held on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 in Sacramento at CalEPA’s Coastal Hearing Room. A presentation on the proposed regulations will be given at 1:15 p.m., and the hearing will commence at 1:30 p.m. The public comment period is being extended from July 9, 2018 to August 7, 2018.
For more information, visit: https://www.cdpr.ca.gov/docs/legbills/rulepkgs/18-001/18-001.htm