Note to readers: Sign up for weekly email service and you will receive this post as an email in your inbox on Friday mornings. Readers on daily email service can add weekly email service by updating their subscription preferences. Click here to sign up!
This week’s featured articles …
The June meeting of Metropolitan’s Special Committee on the Bay Delta included an update on the Cal Water Fix project, and an update on Delta science efforts regarding longfin smelt studies, predation studies, and the Yolo Bypass Fish Habitat Restoration and Fish Passage Project.
In water news this week from around the web …
WEEKEND DAILY DIGEST: Score may cut Sites bond funding; Gold-mining practice in California still on hold after suction dredge bill grinds to a halt; Could quicker, cheaper Superfund cleanups create uncertainty?; Trump Administration looks to boost case to repeal Obama water rule; Efforts to restore the Los Angeles River collide with a gentrifying city; The Colorado River is proof of nature’s resiliency; and more … READ IT HERE: Weekend Daily Digest
MONDAY: New groundwater woes and regulations in California’s wine country; San Diego’s efforts to divest from rival LA water agency have driven up rates for customers. Is it worth it?; After delays, squabbles, Arizona drought plan back on track; Corporation submits plans to remove four dams on the Klamath River; The Bay Area’s sinking neighborhood gets a boost; and more … READ IT HERE: Monday’s Daily Digest
TUESDAY: Meet the new entity in charge of California’s water tunnels project; Five projects rank higher than Sites Reservoir in bid for Prop 1 funds; Bottled water tab at a California prison has hit $46,000 a month; Senate GOP seeks overhaul of Endangered Species Act; Plans to pipe a ditch stoke a fight; Risks to Lake Mead, Colorado River intensifying greatly, federal officials say; and more … READ IT HERE: Tuesday’s Daily Digest
WEDNESDAY: Water bond on the November 2018 ballot now Proposition 3; Nutria pose a ‘triple threat’; Klamath Dam removal in final approval stage; Franks Tract restoration moves forward; Radio Show: Proposed Endangered Species Act ‘revamp’ seen as gutting protections; Trump admin faults Obama rule’s reliance on science report; Surf’s up! California legislature considers making surfing state sport; and more … READ IT HERE: Wednesday’s Daily Digest
THURSDAY: A changing climate at Mono Lake could mean more dust storms in the Eastern Sierra – or less water for LA; Man’s death prompts warning of hidden danger in the water; Humans, fish, and other animals are consuming microfibers in our food and water; Searing but localized heat wave across SoCal; heat spreads slowly north in the coming days; Multiple drought-fueled wildfires rage across at least four Western states; Staying afloat: States look to integrate water planning to combat predicted water shortages; and more … READ IT HERE: Thursday’s Daily Digest
FRIDAY: In California water news today, Embattled EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns; EPA rollbacks already touching Americans’ lives; Feds eye changes to a bedrock environmental law; Drought conditions spread over much of California; Dangerous heat wave threatens millions of people in California and the Southwest; Why California needs a plan to protect its wetlands; Feds give billions for NorCal flood control projects; and more … READ IT HERE: Friday’s Daily Digest
News worth noting this week …
- State Water Project contract extension update: Delta County leaders ask legislators to halt SWP contract extension; Groups submit letter outlining their concerns
- NEWS WORTH NOTING: DWR requests comments on Flood-MAR research and data development framework; What the water conservation bills mean for California’s water suppliers: Reporting and increased data collection as a way of life
- NEWS WORTH NOTING: Congressman Valadao requests Congressional field hearing on CA water crisis; State Water Board reminds the public to be aware of harmful algal blooms this holiday weekend; The Bay Institute honors Chris Austin and others at the 26th annual awards
Weekly features …
- RESERVOIR AND WATER CONDITIONS for July 2
- BLOG ROUND-UP: Cal Water Fix; groundwater, pelagic fish, coho salmon, water for birds, and more …
Announcements this week …
- CAL WATER FIX HEARING: Ruling letter addressing outstanding motions
- CALIFORNIA WATER PLAN eNEWS: ~~ Project Scoring~ Water Use~ WaterSense Accomplishments~ Groundwater Webinar~ Stormwater Capture~ WestFAST Newsletter~ Arts Blueprint~~
- DELTA eNEWS: ~~ Delta Alert!~ Risk Management~ Free Fishing~ DPC Meeting~ Heritage Forum~ IEP Data~ SFEI Visions ~~
Sign up for daily emails and get all the Notebook's aggregated and original water news content delivered to your email box by 9AM. Sign up for weekly email service to receive this post on Friday mornings by 10AM. Sign me up!