NEWS WORTH NOTING: Now available: Groundwater Resource Hub; Final programmatic EIR for Delta Plan Amendments now online
Now available: Groundwater Resource Hub
From the Nature Conservancy:
The Nature Conservancy is pleased to announce the launch of the Groundwater Resource Hub, the go-to resource on Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems.
Please visit https://groundwaterresourcehub.org/ for information on GDEs and for tools that can help you save time and money as you develop Groundwater Sustainability Plans. This website features:
- The best available science in a straightforward format
- Interactive animations that tell the story of GDEs and their relationship to groundwater
- A step-by-step guidance document to efficiently identify and consider GDEs under SGMA
- Identification of all SGMA provisions related to GDEs
- Case studies providing real-world examples of processes, tools and techniques related to GDEs and sustainable groundwater management
- A library of links to additional papers, articles and reference materials related to GDEs and sustainable groundwater management
In the next few weeks, the Hub will be updated with:
- A statewide mapping tool to identify vegetative indicators of GDEs in your local area. The Hub currently provides a sample map from Ventura County
- A rooting depth database for common groundwater dependent plants to help identify thresholds necessary to sustain GDEs.
For more information, contact: Gregg Werner firstname.lastname@example.org (530) 941-4877
Final programmatic EIR for Delta Plan Amendments now online
From the Delta Stewardship Council:
The amendments under consideration are the Delta Levee Investment and Risk Reduction Strategy; Delta Conveyance, Storage, and the Operations of Both; and Performance Measures.
Sign up for daily emails and get all the Notebook’s aggregated and original water news content delivered to your email box by 9AM. Breaking news alerts, too. Sign me up!
About News Worth Noting: News Worth Noting is a collection of press releases, media statements, and other materials produced by federal, state, and local government agencies, water agencies, and academic institutions, as well as non-profit and advocacy organizations. News Worth Noting also includes relevant legislator statements and environmental policy and legal analyses that are publicly released by law firms. If your agency or organization has an item you would like included here, please email it to Maven.